Wednesday, September 9, 2009

300 - Days 40, 41 & 42

I was going to swap around days 40 and 41 - rest on 40 and run on 41 - however, due to being busy on the holiday weekend (too much driving), I didn't get my bike ride/run in. I was visiting my dad on Monday and had a feeling I wouldn't have time to run that night - so instead I did 5 pull-ups each time I passed the chin-up bar. I probably totaled around 50 pull-ups or so - but still not what I was looking for.

Day 42 was my 2000m TT on the C2 Rower, followed by kipping pull-up practice and some dips.

I started with my warm-up:

800m Run (4:46)
25 push-ups
30 sit-ups
10 pull-ups
20 squats

My original plan for the 2000m was to keep on about a 2:00 (500m) pace for the first 1500 and then give it all I had for the last 500m. I got going faster than I had planned - about a 1:55, so I decided to try to keep with it - and I did.

I finished the 2000m in 7:40.1. I was a little slower on the second half - so next time I might keep slower in the first half so I have more energy for a strong finish - but instead I might just try to increase my endurance/stamina and make that an easier pace.

According to the concept2 online ranking system, this makes me about #153 in the world for my "class" (age 19-29, men heavyweight (165+ lb) with the average reported time being 7:35.8. The number 1 guy finished in 5:56.7. I guess I have some work to do - that's a quick pace to shoot for, at just under 1:39.2 for a 500m pace. I think I'll have to seriously step up my game to hope to do that. 500m and 1000m repeats, here I come!

After my row (I was pretty near dead...) I worked on my kipping pull-up, but with-out much progress. I used a bench to immobilize my feet while I worked on the swinging motion, akin to a video I had seen on youtube where someone was teaching this movement. I then tried to remove the bench and duplicate, but it didn't work so well. This reminds me I want to get a 10-day pass to crossfit321 - maybe I can find someone there that can help see what I am doing wrong.

I finished off with 2 sets of 10 dips.

No comments:

Post a Comment