Sunday, September 27, 2009

300 - Day 62 - 1 day until rest...

Today's WOD -
Complete as many rounds as possible 20 minutes of:
95 pound Thruster, 5 reps
95 pound Hang Powercleans, 7 reps
95 pound Sumo Deadlift High-pull, 10 reps

That doesn't sound too bad... but of course, I'm wrong.

Warm-up:
1/2 mile jog (5:05)
20 push-ups
15 GHD sit-ups
15 Dips (no pull-ups today!)
20 Squats

My abs, forearms, biceps, glutes, hamstrings, and traps are already sore from the week's workouts. Okay - 2 days of working out. Either way, I'm sore.

I ended up completing 6 rounds of this, with only 15 seconds to spare.
I didn't record all my rounds - but I was done round 2 at 4:45 - still ahead of pace for 8 rounds. Round 3 - 8:45 - about on pace for 7 rounds.

By the time I finished round 5 I was at 16:10 and had less time to do round 6 than I had taken for round 3. I gave it all I had and managed to pull through with 15 seconds on the clock. I didn't even bother seeing if I could pull off 5 more thrusters in the 15 remaining seconds.

As tired as my body already was, this was BRUTAL. Looking forward to rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment