Saturday, September 5, 2009

300 - Day 39 - Home Circuit

The plan:
Home workout - Static holds, Pistol Squats, Box Jumps, Hand stand push-ups
I ended up setting up a circuit as follows:

Handstand push-ups
Pistol Squats
Frog Stance
Box Jumps
KB Swings
Thrusters (w/dumbbell)

My original intent was 25, 15, 10 of each with only the first 4 stations. However, the plan was to do half of the pistol squats on each leg - and 25 and 15 don't divide well.
I ended up adjusting originally to 20, 16, 12 and adding the two events.
On the first set of handstand push-ups I only pulled off 7 (I was using my dumbbells to elevate myself a little more than I otherwise would have been and bracing myself on the wall, as I can't do even an unassisted hand-stand). So I used 2 more sets to finish 10 (I fell over after #8).

My final change-up was as follows:

20, 14, 10
Handstand Push-ups I only do 1/2 of the designated number
Pistol-squats are done 1/2 on each leg.
Frog stance is done in seconds

I warmed up as follows:
2000m run
20 push-ups
20 squats
20 back-extensions (swiss ball)

I then completed the above prescribed workout. Other than needing 3 sets to complete my first set of handstand push-ups, I also had to use 2 sets to hit my second frog stance duration, losing balance after about 11 seconds.

This was a good workout, though next time I might do 20, 16, 12. I was already more confident on the handstand push-ups toward the end of the exercise, as I was starting to find my balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment