Tuesday, August 25, 2009

300 - Day 28 - Fun with Cindy

I met Cindy in the gym today - and she gave me a workout. Judging by the aftermath, I think day 1 of week 5 will be a rest day.

As a reminder, Cindy consists of 20 minutes of:
5 pull-ups
10 push-ups
15 squats (bodyweight)

As many cycles as you can get through in the 20 minute limit.

I started the workout with an abbreviated warm-up - 800m run, 10 push-ups, 15 sit-ups 10 dips with some light stretching afterward.

I had set a goal of 14 cycles. Unfortunately I think I left my report card at work - I had recorded the times I had finished several cycles at. Either way - up until cycle 13 I had finished all of my cycles ahead of the corresponding minute.

I ended up completing 18 cycles, plus an additional 5 pull-ups and 8 push-ups in the 20 minutes.

My totals - 95 pull-ups, 188 push-ups and 270 squats in 20 minutes.

I was happy with the results. I had read that the goal should be to be able to do 1 per minute for the 20 minutes - and I was pretty close on my first try. I was pretty surprised as well - I expected the squats to slow me down as they are a relatively slow movement - but at around set 10, I figure out how to do these a little quicker - granted, at that point I was too tired to move at full speed - but it might be advantageous in the future.

The squats are what winded me. Granted, I was getting tired toward the end of both the 5 pull-ups and 10 push-ups after about set 12 or 13 - but the squats were increasing my heart rate enough that I physically needed to slow down. I was not ever unable to finish the required reps for a given exercise without stopping - good sign. It was just being winded and tired that made me rest for longer than I should have needed to between sets.

Anyway, lessons learned for next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment