Sunday, August 9, 2009

300 - Day 12

I skipped the Day 11 workout that I was going to make up today. I had originally planned on taking a PT test instead of doing this workout - which would have consisted of 2 minutes of push-ups, 2 minutes of sit-ups and a 2 mile run - but I ended up not doing this. However, I realized that my goal for the 1 mile run time-trial was really only once every 2 weeks - not once weekly. So instead, I moved my Kettleball workout up to the current day (where its supposed to be anyway) and I'll make up for running tomorrow.

I ended up doing about 60 minutes of various kettlebell work, along with pull-ups.
Exercises included:

Double Arm Swing
Single Arm Swing
Each of the above with catch and release
Also the above with a KB flip (I was working on being able to catch this with both hands).
Also swings with hand switches
KB Squat
One arm KB ericeps extension
Two arm KB triceps extension
Overhead press (single and double arm)
Clean and Press

As well as some more exercises that I have to find a name for - one included a behind-the-leg pass from one hand to the other, into an uppercut movement, catching with the opposite hand. Another included side-ways swings from one hand to the other, to work my abdominal/trunk muscles.

For this workout I used my new 30lb KB. I still need to get a 1 pood (36lb/15kg) KB before I can do my 300 challenge again.

I also did 4 sets of various pull-ups, ranging from wide-arm where I pulled until my chest (about nipple level) touched the bar (9 of these), a set where I pulled the bar to my upper back (this focuses more on the shoulders/upper-back and trapz) (6 of these), underhand grip pull-ups (13) and a set of regular chins (7).

This was a good workout - I can certainly feel it in my lowerback.

No comments:

Post a Comment