Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4-23-2012

4-23-12 WOD Strength One arm dumbbell snatch 10-10-10 (each arm) Dips 10-10-10 (weighted if possible) MetCon 3 rounds for max reps: 1 minute Push press 45/33 1 minute Air squats 1 minute Sit-up 1 minute Ball slams 1 minute of Burpees 1 minute rest I only used a 35# dumbbell for the snatches - I'm still working on technique there. For the dips, I did these on rings with a 20# vest all the way through. I ended up finishing this workout with 364 reps. The strategy, as recommended by the trainer, was basically work 50 seconds and rest 10 for each exercise, to prevent burning out. Round 1 - 137 - about 37 push presses, and 43 squats for this round - the other 57 came from the other 3 movements, probably 15 or so burpees. Round 2 was far worse - about 106 reps. I was burned out, despite the strategy - but persevered regardless. Dropped to 27 push press reps, and 30-35 squats - but towards the end of the squats. I actually made up some reps on the ball slams this time, but my burpees and sit-ups were worse as well. Round 3 was better - I had a strategy change. I realized that I had 2 strong movements, and 1 particularly weak one (burpees). So I decided to decrease my rest on the push press to 5 seconds (just enough time to put the bar down, and set-up for the squats. I did the same on the squats going into the sit-ups. The sit-ups I finished at my usual 50 second mark. Wall balls, I decided to push all the way through, and then rest the first 10 seconds of burpees, as I was sure I would get more reps that way. The strategy ended up working - despite only 10 or so burpees, I ended up with 121 reps to finish the 3rd round.

No comments:

Post a Comment