Wednesday, April 25, 2012

4-16-2012 - Hero Week

I'm keeping track a week behind here, so I already know how the week went. It was awful. In a good way. Every day of the week was a Hero workout (of one form or another). Today's was not a sanctioned hero workout - but right on par. I believe it was made up by the coach, but named after a hero: "The Paul Revere" 4-16-12 Strength Shoulder Press 5 @ 75% – 3 @ 85% – AMRAP @ 95% MetCon Run 400 meters 26 Pull-ups Run 400 meters 26 Burpees Run 400 meters 26 Overhead Walking or Alternating Lunges 45/25 Run 400 meters 26 Dumbbell Push Press 45/25 Run 400 meters 26 Knees To Elbows Run 400 meters 260 Double-unders *one of the 400 meters must be run carrying a sand bag 40/20. Weight vest may be used if need be. **30 minute time cap I finished 26 double-unders before the 30 minute time cap. I made the decision to carry the sand bag on the 2nd 400, just before the burpees. It seemed that everything except burpees required shoulder work, so I didn't want to stress my shoulder before any other workout. I got off to a good start - everyone else wanted to get the sandbag out of the way, so I had a quick first 400m compared to everyone else. I actually finished the pull-ups (unbroken) just as the rest of the gang was coming in the door. I grabbed a sandbag and headed out the door while they worked on their pull-ups. By the time I had 15 burpees done, everyone else was getting back from their 2nd 400 - so I still had a good lead. I finished up my burpees and ran back out the door. I got back and was half done with my lunges when everyone else got in; I was confident I had this in the bag (ok - not so confident about double-unders). I got 13 Knees To Elbows done when the person chasing me came in the door. She looked at the board to see what the next exercise was - just as I was getting ready to get back on the bar. She grabbed dumbbells and started doing push press. I realized I'd gone out of order. So I dropped off the bar and started my push presses as well - but that was a mistake I wasn't recovering from. I think I was 3rd out the door after the pushpress, and then came back in and did my 26 knees to elbows - still 3rd. I finished up my last 400m with the pack, and started my Double Unders with 1 minute to go. I only finished 26 before my time ran out. Lesson learned: it takes less time to review the board than to "no-rep".

No comments:

Post a Comment