Saturday, March 3, 2012

Progress

Alright, so I lied. I haven't made any posts in nearly a year and a half now.

Now that the bad news is over, the good news is, one of my goals has been met in this time - I have achieved a 300# Bench Press.

Unfortunately I have not also hit the 300 APFT Score (just yet). In October my score was 295, with my missing points on the sit-ups. I've decided to target abs pretty substantially, and since then, I have started doing the P90X ab-ripper X routine to increase my abdominal endurance, to hopefully increase my sit-up score on the APFT. However, since then I have also put off my running, and before my next APFT test, I think I need to do some work there. I actually have 2 300 goals to work toward right now.

#1 300 APFT Score
#2 300% bodyweight squat

I think these goals will actually work out well together, more on that soon.

So what have I been doing? Well, largely, StrongLifts 5x5 (http://stronglifts.com) although, once I realized I was already doing well above what I should be for this program (I used it as an opportunity to really work on my from), I have since switched to Madcow 5x5 (http://stronglifts.com/madcow-5x5-training-programs/). I got some really good results of this, including increasing my Bench Press to 300+ (I know I can do 300, but I'm not sure how much more). Based on last week's workout where I benched 275 for 4 reps, theoretically I have hit 305-309.

Anyway, now that I've updated I'll post my last two workouts.

No comments:

Post a Comment