Saturday, March 3, 2012

March 2, 2012 - CrossFit 321

Went into CrossFit 321 (www.crossfit321.com) and signed up for a monthly membership.
WOD:

Warm-Up (I did 500m row, some ring dips, pull-ups, shoulder dislocates, Samson Stretch, then some foam rolls)

Strength:
Squats 5@65%, 5@75%, AMRAP@85%

This looked a little daunting, having done squats the day before, but luckily I only went up to 315x5 :). I used 475# for my calculations, being that this is the most I have done for one rep, so my weights were 305#, 355#, and 405#. My strength ended up looking like this:

305x5, 355x5, 405x9

This is by far the most reps I have done with this type of weight on my back - and actually, the 1RM calculators out there suggest that my max for squat might actually be 515-525#. This is exciting, because this means if I can cut to 175# without losing strength, I can get a 300% body weight squat - but that's 20# away, and it's unlikely that I will maintain my strength.

For the metcon we did:
10 rounds, every minute on the minute:
95# push press x5
20# wall ball x10

I ended up making it 8 rounds, in the 9th I only got through 5 wall-balls.

This workout left me sore - having done squats the day before, and more today; then with deadlifts/double unders yesterday; with push press + wall ball today - my legs and shoulders/upper back are pretty shot!

Now it's time for a weekend of rest, and back to the gym on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment