Thursday, August 26, 2010

Today's WOD

Been a little lazy for the past week, but got in to do the main site's WOD today:

For time:
21 Pull-ups
21 Handstand Push-ups
18 Pull-ups
18 Handstand Push-ups
15 Pull-ups
15 Handstand Push-ups
12 Pull-ups
12 Handstand Push-ups
9 Pull-ups
9 Handstand Push-ups
6 Pull-ups
6 Handstand Push-ups
3 Pull-ups
3 Handstand Push-ups
Handstand push-ups are "nose to floor" and pull-ups are "strict" or non-kipping.

I found that my HSPUs are weak. I did this as RX'd, but it took me 41:40 to do it. The pull-ups were no problem, even dead-hang strict, however, once I got about 2/3 of the way done with the round of 18 HSPUs, there was only once or twice where I did as many as 5 HSPUs in an effort before having to break my handstand. I have my parallette raw material at home, so I will have to get those together and start working on some full ROM HSPUs.

I started this off with a different warm-up than usual - 10 minutes on the rower (2306 meters) followed by 10 dips and 20 air squats.

No comments:

Post a Comment