Thursday, October 1, 2009

300 - Day 66

I stayed home from work yesterday (Day 65) because my wife wasn't feeling well and didn't manage to workout. The WOD had been 3x (400m, 21 1.5 pood KB swings, 12 pull-ups) in the least possible time. I'll have to find a location that I can do this at - as I don't currently have a measured 1/4 mile near a pull-up bar - and besides, my KB is less than 1 pood.

So either way, my body really felt like it needed a rest anyway. Its probably good to rest so I can put 100% in going into the final month of this challenge.

Today the WOD was again something I couldn't really participate in, due to lack of gear:
For time:
25 Walking lunge steps
20 Pull-ups
50 Box jumps, 20 inch box
20 Double-unders
25 Ring dips
20 Knees to elbows
30 Kettlebell swings, 2 pood
30 Sit-ups
20 Hang squat cleans, 35 pound dumbells
25 Back extensions
30 Wall ball shots, 20 pound ball
3 Rope climb ascents

I could have brought my 24" box in - but I haven't learned double unders; don't know what a knee to elbow is; don't have a 2 pood KB; no back extension station; no wall ball; and no rope (anyone know the standard height?)

So I decided to sub in a CFE (CrossFit Endurance) workout from within the last week. I decided on 2X10 minutes - basically, take 10 minutes, run as far as you can; rest 3 minutes and repeat.

I haven't yet measured the distance that I made it - I'll measure on the way home - but it was about 1.4 miles each way - or just about a 7 minute mile. This is slower than I had hoped - especially for the first one - I was aiming for about a 6:40 mile - though my 2 mile goal time is averaging 6:30s.

Looks like I really ought to start putting more runs in - so I'll either have to work a couple CFE days in combination with my WODs, or I'll have to replace some days - days like today when I don't have equipment.

No comments:

Post a Comment