Saturday, October 17, 2009

300 - Day 77

I took a few days off because of a cold. It was a real shame too - I would have liked to have run the 5K - I'm going to try and work it in on a day when I don't have the proper equipment available.

Today I decided to make up yesterday's WOD - after missing the 5K, the next day was a rest day and yesterday was Fran. I've seen people post times for Fran recently and wanted to give it a shot. I've done Fran before with a time of 7:37. I've seen times posted as low as 4 minutes or so - so I wanted to make a fairly drastic improvement.

Fran sounds quick and easy:
Three rounds, 21-15- and 9 reps, for time of:
95 pound Thruster
Pull-ups

The trick though is doing the Thrusters in a full squat. Thinking back, I'm sure my first Fran was probably closer to a push-press, where instead of going into a full squat, you simply do a power position. This severely decreases the power output.

So with that in mind, this time around, I was doing full ass-to-grass squats - still hoping for a time improvement. But today wasn't the day. I was apparently still more sick than I thought as my respiratory system just wasn't cooperating and I finished with a time of 8:34. Almost a full minute slower.

Oh well - I'll get it next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment