Friday, December 11, 2009

Fran + Official Warmup

I'm a little behind on posting my workouts - but I have still been doing them.
On 12/11 I got my revenge on my last failed attempt at improving my Fran time - and this time I did much better - though I'm thinking that until my metcon is improved more, it may be a good idea to bring some strategy to the table, even in such a short WOD.

I started out with my usual warm-up:
1/2 mile - 4:21
5 pull-ups
20 sit-ups
20 push-ups
20 squats
10 dips

Depending on the day, this is basically my "official warm-up", which is how I will refer to this warm-up routine from now on - with varying 800m times, or even with a 1000m row instead.

I then moved on to Fran which was last completed on November 21 with a time of 7:48, with a previous PR of 7:37. My goal was to beat that. Again, Fran is a progression of 21-15-9 of alternating 95# thrusters and pull-ups.

So I got my stop-watch started with 20 seconds to go before the hand on the wall clock reached the minute mark - this way I could get the bar racked and ready to start and subtract a known time from my time.

I started fast - real fast, finishing the first round in 1:28 with no rests. I paid for this a little bit in the second round, which I finished at the 4:38 mark - with 3:10 for the 2nd round - I needed to beat that time for the 3rd round - I needed a 2:59 to match my PR. Luckily this was a short round which helped mentally as well as physically. I pushed through the thrusters and then the pull-ups and finished in 6:17 - the last 9 reps were completed in 1:39 - slower than my first round, but much better than the second. I still have some work to do, but that was an improvement.

I cooled down with a 500m row.

No comments:

Post a Comment